Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 13 guests | Time: 10:12
upgrade to kernel 2.6.33-paldo2-x86_64
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
kernel 2.6.33 and nvidia 195.36.08
3 posts found.
 upgrade to kernel 2.6.33-paldo2-x86_64
Mitglied

After upgrading to kernel 2.6.33 (testing) system cannot enter into the nvidia graphical mode.

During the previous kernels, after installing nvidia drivers, it was necessary to edit xorg.conf and under the section "Device", change the driver name from "nv" to "nvidia",

With kernel 2.6.33 after installing the nvidia driver, I edited the xorg.conf and noted it now shows the driver name "nouveau". As usual, I changed it to "nvidia". The problem is that this doesn't work any more. The system fails to enter into graphical mode.

As mentioned in a previous post, I can't also download any iso. Hope there is nothing serious happening with the servers and they'll soon come back to live.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2010-03-05 22:58
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: upgrade to kernel 2.6.33-paldo2-x86_64
Administrator

To use the nvidia binary driver, you need to append nouveau.modeset=0 to the kernel commandline (/etc/grub/menu.lst for already installed kernels, /etc/default/grub for defaults for new kernels).

Alternatively, you should be able to use the new open source driver `nouveau`. If that doesn't work, it would be interesting to see your /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
Profile   Private Message   Web
Created: 2010-03-05 23:40
 Re: upgrade to kernel 2.6.33-paldo2-x86_64
Mitglied

Thank you Juerg. It did work perfectly.

Regarding the nouveau Driver, it works ok. My problem with them is only because part of the right side of the windows falls out of the visible area of the screen, by a small margin, but enough to hide the scroll bars and the close button.

I also noticed that it is possible again to download the iso files.

Again, thanks a lot for your attention.

Profile   Private Message
Created: 2010-03-06 01:09
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic