Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 11 guests | Time: 18:43
Paldo phantastic on a 10 years old Medion PIII
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
2 posts found.
 Paldo phantastic on a 10 years old Medion PIII
Senior Mitglied

I have installed paldo now on a Medion Pentium III laptop (850 MHz, 256 MB Ram, 10GB UDMA2 HD) I only had to empty a certain file (/etc/asound.conf) in order to disable pulseaudio and now everything works, I would say even quicker than the existing Windows 2000 installation!
Paldo is on my main system (Athlon XP 1600+, Asus a7v8x-x with KT400) installed as well and there it flies!.

To me (a non IT-guy) paldo is pretty easy to handle: nearly anything I wanted to install (skype, freemind, flash_player) is available through "package search".

Paldo is as speedy as Arch but even more comfortable as Debian (and more up-to-date, compared to Debian stable), no headache regarding the repositories... Installing Arch I got stuck creating the xorg.conf. I even copied the xorg of archiso-live, but still dbus errors. Paldo simply installed automatically, no setting up of strange daemons, no manual configuration of network and language, keyboard-driver etc. In Debian stable I had problems to get the flashplayer working. Different versions of the Debian standard and the Debian multimedia repository according to google.
No comparision to Ubuntu (both gnome-distributions!) speedwise.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2009-11-26 21:44 | Modified: 2009-11-26 21:57 by mumpf
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: Paldo phantastic on a 10 years old Medion PIII
Junior Mitglied

is it still working well now? even with openoffice?
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2010-02-11 13:04
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic