Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 21 guests | Time: 04:58
Houdini 9.5 & Paldo GNU/Linux
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
3 posts found.
 Houdini 9.5 & Paldo GNU/Linux
Mitglied

Hello guys,
another success story for us. Last night, I've installed Houdini Apprentice Edition (www.sidefx.com) and to be honest, my hopes of getting it to run on Paldo were small.
To my surprise, it worked like a charm! YAY! Not only did Houdini install perfectly on the first try, it also run stable and because of the amazing power this software offers, it is a "must" for anyone looking to get advanced particle effects into a movie.
To me, Paldo is the perfect "art" distro because of the fact that blender, gimp, inkscape, scribus (and a all other applications) are very current releases and therefore enable artists to take advantage of the latest tools without having to worry about how to install and/or update.

Especially a big thank you goes out to Amnon82 who is very enthusiastic about building iso's and updating the apps which in turn not only show his dedication to Paldo, but also his professionalism.

Phil, this is much appreciated!!
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2008-11-23 23:29
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: Houdini 9.5 & Paldo GNU/Linux

Linux-Dude

When you tell me how you installed the software I'll write an script to install it simple with upkg like I did with REALbasic. And thx for all the compliments to paldo. Nice to having you.
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2008-11-24 00:40
 Re: Houdini 9.5 & Paldo GNU/Linux
Junior Mitglied

it is very nice to hear that
i really like paldo's standard based design and high compatibility.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2008-11-25 00:07
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic