Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 4 guests | Time: 07:07
obex adresses not valid
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
7 posts found.
 obex adresses not valid
Junior Mitglied

Hello
I am using paldo 1.13. Up to know it worked perfectly for my needs, but I currently encountered a problem: I couldn't connect to my mobile phone via bluetooth, as I receive message: "obex://[adress] is not a valid location". I have all the necessary packages installed, even the gnome-vfs-obexftp, as the only hint on this I found on the web was problems with this package.
. Note: sending files to the phone via the bluetooth-applet works fine, browsing it is the problem.
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2008-06-21 14:15 | Modified: 2008-06-21 14:17 by dichev
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: obex adresses not valid
Junior Mitglied

Hello,

you can upgrade to paldo 1.14 (sudo upkg-upgrade). I use Paldo 1.14 and can browsing with nautilus via bluetooth.
Created: 2008-06-22 00:01

Linux-Dude

the packages are for version 1.14 now. It is always good to do an system-upgrade once in a while. The "It just works"-slogan is only for the latest stable release ...

if you still have problems with 1.14 tell me. I think now you've mixed packages.

System-Upgrade:

Code[In neuem Fenster öffnen]
sudo upkg-upgrade --verbose

--verbose is to see which packages getting upgraded and to display errors if they appear.
Created: 2008-06-24 23:32
 Re: Re: obex adresses not valid
Junior Mitglied

Did what you told me... and things messed up. First, xserver didn't want to start any more. However, after a few reinstallations and messing with xorg.conf I fought this off. The bigger issue is: HAL daemon doesn't want to start anymore! it's stuck on it. I have no clue what could be causing this, I only found some issues about hal freezing on live CDs at some languages... any help ?
EDIT: I'm now using the old kernel again; nevertheless, thank you, as now obex works fine
Created: 2008-07-03 11:00 | Modified: 2008-07-03 11:08 by dichev

Linux-Dude

We fixed the HAL-Problems in testing now. You can try the new live-cds out if you want:

http://mirror2.vis.ethz.ch/paldo/paldo-live-cd-x86-testing.iso
http://mirror2.vis.ethz.ch/paldo/paldo-live-cd-x86_64-testing.iso

Or upgrade to testing-branch:
# sudo sed -i -e "s/stable/testing/" /etc/upkg.conf
# sudo upkg-upgrade --verbose

From testing to unstable:

# sudo sed -i -e "s/testing/unstable/" /etc/upkg.conf
# sudo upkg-upgrade --verbose

What old kernel do you use atm?

In stable it is 2.6.24.7 and testing has now 2.6.25.10 (where in 2.6.25.4-paldo2 the hal bug was fixed).

Also good to know that it works now for you. Sorry again for "damaging" your system. Usually paldo is installed once and then you update with upkg-upgrade to get the new version ... Rolling-system
Created: 2008-07-04 15:49
Junior Mitglied

Yep thanks, everything is flawless now, I appreciate all this assistance Paldo is the best distro I've found so far during my linux experiences (and I've tried a LOT) and I think it has a bright future, keep up the good work
EDIT: the kernel from paldo 1.13, 2.6.23.xx, is what I used when the first upgrade messed up the HAL.
Created: 2008-07-06 12:12 | Modified: 2008-07-06 12:14 by dichev

Linux-Dude

So you used stable all the time I assume. There we try to do it stable. Sometimes there are bugs we've to fix ... Most of the Developer and Maintainer using the testing-branch, there I can commit new packages who will became stable with the next release. Since Paldo is a rolling-system you normally install it once. Shure I had also some problems with my pcs and fucked-up my installation. After downloading the newest LiveCD and overinstalling to the root-partition it worked again. Thats why I've a seperate home-partition where I store my personal files.

Good to hear that you like your distribution. Actually I'm writing an article for a german linux magazin. Will see what will come next ...
Created: 2008-07-07 22:40
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic