Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 10 guests | Time: 20:27
DTD for upkg
paldo Support Forum    Upkg    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
7 posts found.
 DTD for upkg
Junior Mitglied

Hello,

I was looking for more informations about upkg xml structure. I was not fully satisfied with what I found then I am trying to make a DTD / documentation. I have done what I could do but there is some white space.
I hope that someone will be kind to complete it.

I am also trying to make a tree generator of the dependances, I will post it if I manage to finish it with success

mmmh, I can't find how to upload a file to the forum, is there a way ?

JCharles
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2007-12-12 12:32
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: DTD for upkg
Administrator

Hi,

we already have a XML Schema for the package specifications. It's installed with Upkg to /usr/share/upkg/upkg.xsd.

File upload is not supported in the forum but you can easily use pastebin.com for short text files or upload it to our wiki for permanent storage.
Profile   Private Message   Web
Created: 2007-12-12 14:06
Junior Mitglied

Thanks for the link, I haven't seen it, and it's more complete than mine

But is there a doc than explain each parameters (ie, tagging, register, ignore, add ...) what I found is really thick

JCharles
Created: 2007-12-12 15:18

Linux-Dude

Paldo was for freaks like Juerg, Rasa, Nico and me. Shure we should write some more documentations for our package manager. I started a little one in the wiki.

Our problem is time. We have so much to do and so less people to do all of it at the time it should be done.

Best way it is to go to the IRC-chan of ours and ask us geeks. All on knowledge you get write it down to the wiki. We will take a look and correct you if needed.

Also it is good to have docs in the user perspective. We as developers we might think in a different way than you guys. Knock yourself out.

More people wrote about paldo the better it will get. If I find some time I'll write some wiki-articles too.l
Created: 2007-12-15 22:54
Junior Mitglied

Hello,

in fact, if paldo is for freaks, then it's good for us !!
We are a small team located in france and we have done a similar work on our side.
We are not pure developpers but we can takle from time to time with scripts or pieces of code. But surely not to developp a soft from zero as upkg.
Today we have about 1000 packages and we're more server oriented (no desktop)
We use nAlfs as packager and it's lack of package management as you know, and I think that you see why we're really interested in upkg .
AT the time of this writing, I think that we have mor than 150 servers based on our work in production and management is becoming a pain.

Now, I would like to evaluate what is in common between you and us. What are the difference we have in the way of make making packages and may be propose to join you if there is a consensus. (about 4 persons more to help).

Then during my exploration, I can write some documentation (even if I am not good at that).

JCharles
Created: 2007-12-16 12:10 | Modified: 2007-12-16 12:12 by jcharles

Linux-Dude

That would be great. Good to hear. Juerg and Rasa did upkg and even the coding language vala. I'm only a maintainer and supporter for paldo. I can code in pascal/delphi, java, gambas, realbasic my little tools I needed. I joined the paldo-project cos of its good package manager upkg and also I wanted to get deep into linux. Linux from scratch was also in my interest but I wanted to begin from zero as you.

The first gui-installer of paldo was written by me. Maybe you noticed that. Juerg enhanced mine and ported it to vala.

Well you speak of joining the paldo-project. Can you link us your work of your team? I really want to see what stuff you guys do in france.
Created: 2007-12-16 13:05

Linux-Dude

For joining the team you have to speak with juerg and rasa. Only that you know.
Created: 2007-12-16 13:27
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic