Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 8 guests | Time: 20:09
Cannot log in as user
paldo Support Forum    paldo    Installation Support
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
3 posts found.
 Cannot log in as user
Junior Mitglied

I have just installed paldo 1.12 stable. When I try to log in as user (username/passw) This message pops up:

"Users $HOME /.dmrc file is being ignored. This prevents the default session and language from being saved. File should be owned by user and have 644 permission. User $HOME dir must be owned by user and not writable by other users"

Installation worked fine and I have no problems login in as root. I am used to, that when I add a user, the user is assigned to his /home/username.
And why can't I use the "adduser" command in terminal.
Thanks for all the help I can get.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2007-11-14 16:39 | Modified: 2007-11-14 17:43 by tinker
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: Cannot log in as user
Administrator

It seems that you're using a previously created home directory with bogus permissions, probably the UID of the previous installation doesn't match your new user id (1000 by default). You should try to fix the permission issues (chown -R yourusername:yourusername /home/yourusername).

The installer doesn't touch your home directory if it already exists.

"adduser" is no standard command in GNU/Linux, it's called "useradd" (adduser is available in Debian).
Profile   Private Message   Web
Created: 2007-11-14 21:07
 Re: Cannot log in as user
Junior Mitglied

You are of course (!) right. I used the same partitiontable as I did on the Gnu/Linux OS earlier installed on the disk. Repartition did it.Now it's ok!
I'm not an experienced linuxuser but I'm using both Arch and Slackware, and I got curious about the paldo "concept",-like it and look forward to try it out.
Standard or not, adduser is used in both Arch and Slackware. Thanks a lot!
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2007-11-14 22:22 | Modified: 2007-11-14 22:23 by tinker
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic