Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 18 guests | Time: 20:54
Need a little help here ...
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Discussion
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
8 posts found.
 Need a little help here ...

Linux-Dude

I'm trying to build the new gnome-system-tools for Gnome 2.20.1. Now I'm running into troubles. I got this printout in my terminal:

Code[In neuem Fenster öffnen]
[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/sources/system-tools-backends]$ sudo users-admin

(users-admin:1154): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2

(users-admin:1154): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2
[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/sources/system-tools-backends]$ sudo shares-admin

(shares-admin:1177): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2

(shares-admin:1177): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2

[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/sources/system-tools-backends]$ sudo time-admin
(time-admin:1204): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2

(time-admin:1204): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Process /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl exited with status 2

and this message:

I think my adapted patch is wrong.

Here is a detailed output:

[amnon@amnonspc:/usr/src]$ /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl -m UsersConfig
Can't locate XML/Twig.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts /usr/lib/perl5 .) at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/Binding/Introspector.pm line 57.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/Binding/Introspector.pm line 57.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/RemoteObject.pm line 58.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/RemoteObject.pm line 58.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/RemoteService.pm line 55.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus/RemoteService.pm line 55.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus.pm line 97.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/modules/lib/perl/Net/DBus.pm line 97.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/Utils/DBus.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/Utils/DBus.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/StbObject.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/StbObject.pm line 23.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.
...propagated at /usr/lib/perl5/base.pm line 85.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/UsersConfig.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/system-tools-backends-2.0/scripts/SystemToolsBackends.pl line 50.

also look here:

http://64studio.com/node/85

http://www.paldo.org/index.php?section=packages&page=main&query=system-tools
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2007-11-03 23:41
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: Need a little help here ...

Linux-Dude

added libnet-dbus-perl also as zero to the repo ...
Created: 2007-11-03 23:47
Administrator

You seem to have missed the XML-Twig dependency of system-tools-backends. I don't know whether that's the only issue but you should fix that first.
Profile   Private Message   Web
Created: 2007-11-03 23:48

Linux-Dude

Will check that ...
Created: 2007-11-03 23:49

Linux-Dude

that fixed it. now I've to fix the desktop-files.
Created: 2007-11-03 23:52

Linux-Dude

sudo users-admin starts the program but user-admin alone gave me still the error message:

Normally there should be a screen for enter the admin-pw.

Also there are no users:

also I got:

[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/svn/specs]$ sudo users-admin

(users-admin:3257): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

(users-admin:3257): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/svn/specs]$

Seems we have to recheck the patch ...

http://www.paldo.org/paldo/sources/system-tools-backends-2.0/system-tools-backends-2.4.1-paldo-1.patch.bz2
Created: 2007-11-04 00:05
 time-admin

Linux-Dude

... gave me:

[amnon@amnonspc:/media/sda7/repo/svn/specs]$ sudo time-admin

(time-admin:3318): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

(time-admin:3318): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

process 3318: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 3168.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Abgebrochen
Created: 2007-11-04 00:08

Linux-Dude

I reorganized the specs but still no go ... I think it is the patch ...
Created: 2007-11-04 19:20
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic