Package Search

Members: 353 | Topics: 767 | Posts: 3211
We welcome our newest member: ClintBarton
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 21 guests | Time: 21:22
booting CD does not load the kernel
paldo Support Forum    paldo    Installation Support
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
13 posts found.Page: 1 2
This topic contains previous posts. Back
 Re: booting CD does not load the kernel
Junior Mitglied

Zitat
Original erstellt: 2007-11-21 03:26 von sammy
Hi,

i also experienced the same problem as above. I boot on stable version cd (2007-11-xx) but when it come to grub, it stop and I'm left with grub> command line. I don't see any error it just don't load kernel. I don't see how I can load the kernel.

I am using a laptop ( toshiba tecra s1 ) and I checked md5 checksum on the second iso I downloaded. The first iso I've downloaded (and burned) did the same thing.

I tried everything, pressed enter, used the kernel, help and other commands but I can't see how to load the kernel.

sammy

Sometimes the CD-RW doesn't burn very well at high speeds. Could you try burning at a lower speed for a more reliable burn? On Windows I use Nero that also verifies CDs after they are burnt. You could maybe try that too.
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2007-11-21 05:39
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
Junior Mitglied

Mr

Just downloaded the latest testing build and had the same problem, the CD just boots to a Grub> prompt; tried re-burning at a slower speed and now it boots OK.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2008-01-19 06:15

Linux-Dude

... seems some drives have problems with cd-rw's. Slowing the speed at burning and reading helps mostly.
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2008-01-24 01:00
Page: 1 2
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic