Package Search

Members: 351 | Topics: 766 | Posts: 3210
We welcome our newest member: Somewhat Reticent
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 4 guests | Time: 00:15
How to add locale?
paldo Support Forum    paldo    General Support
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
4 posts found.
 How to add locale?
Junior Mitglied

Hello,

I don't know how to add slovenian locale to my paldo. Localedef command does nothing and there is no language support in the administration menu. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Profile   Private Message
Created: 2010-07-24 16:23
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: How to add locale?
Junior Mitglied

Oops! I made a mistake, localedef works just fine. Sorry!
Created: 2010-07-25 11:56
Senior Mitglied

Hi Txacoli,

As far as I know localedef is working just fine. I'll consider that slovenian is the locale sv_SV (I'm not sure, but let me consider it)

If paldo doesn't support this locale, then just doing localedef will not translate everything because the localedef will create the basic structure for the slovenian translation, but since the other packages like gnome packages were not compiled on a system having these localization, then you might end up with a system having the basic translated to SV and the rest in english.

To change your locale, you can edit the file at /etc/profile.d/locale.sh and set the LANG variable to sv_SV, on the next reboot you should see that the LANG is set to slovenian.

If only doing the localedef did the trick for what you need, then I must advise you that every glibc upgrade you do, you'll need to re-run the localedef for the slovenian locale.

OSs: Paldo-testing x86_64 :: HP Pavilion dv9680ez
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2010-07-26 02:07
Junior Mitglied

Thanks for the reply. I just needed slovenian locale (SL-SI) to use some special characters in a dictionary through wine. I just add "export LANG=sl_SI.UTF-8" to the launcher to get them. Otherwise, I use US locale, because the translations are sometimes painful I'll repeat the localedef after glibc upgrade if necessary, no big deal.

Cheers!
Created: 2010-07-27 19:10
Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic