Package Search

Members: 351 | Topics: 765 | Posts: 3209
We welcome our newest member: Somewhat Reticent
Info
» You aren't logged in, login or registerOnline: No members and 4 guests | Time: 10:14
upkg error
paldo Support Forum    paldo    Installation Support
Reply Reply   Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic
6 posts found.
 upkg error
Junior Mitglied

Good evening.

I installed the latest paldo testing on this dell inspiron 6400 notebook. Now, trying to use upkg, I get the error message listed below. Upkg doesn't install anything. How can I understand that and what is to do?

Thanks for any help, erch

-----------------error message

** (/usr/lib/upkg/upkg.exe:3101): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /usr/lib/upkg/upkg.exe could not be loaded:
Assembly: System (assemblyref_index=2)
Version: 1.0.5000.0
Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/usr/lib/upkg).

** (/usr/lib/upkg/upkg.exe:3101): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: "System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
Created: 2009-01-18 21:03
Highlight selected Text   Edit   Delete   Quote Reply
 Re: upkg error

Linux-Dude

How did you installed testing on your laptop? I assume you've stable also installed.

I would do it like this:

• a boot partition - were you install the kernels
  • a home partition - so you can use the same settings for both branches
  • two root partitions - each for every branch
  • two swap partitions - if needed, so you don't collide with upkg

A
Code[In neuem Fenster öffnen]
sudo rm -rf /var/cache/upkg/*
might help. Otherwise check mono and upkg installation. Also check your live-cd. Run a upkg cmd during live session to see if the error occurs there also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
r5814 | juergbi | 2009-01-17 13:01:48 +0100 (Sat, 17 Jan 2009) | 2 lines

Downgrade to Mono 2.0.1, Mono 2.2 build crashes on x86_64 in unstable
Created: 2009-01-18 23:55 | Modified: 2009-01-19 00:11 by Amnon82
Junior Mitglied

Thanks for your reply.

Now it seems that I have been too naive, perhaps. I had a running ubuntu and a running paldo - and then a very small paldo with only one task: Managing grub. I never touch that system, it isn't online, so I hope it never gets corrupted. When I crash my system (which sometimes occurs because I like to try another linux now and then), I always can log in.

But - they all use the same swap partition. This worked up to now. But I see that this might not be a good idea after all.

Paldo stable works perfectly. The testing distributions I just loaded on 1 partition each, to try them, no extra boot, root, home partitions. I think time has come to do things properly, i.e. reformat the hard disk, installing everything anew and see what happens.

The only drawback is that I was told not to exceed the number of partitions. Is this really a problem? After your system I'd have 7 of them, which is even more than now with extra ubuntu and extra paldo.

Greetings, erch
Created: 2009-01-19 08:23

Linux-Dude

I've lots of partitions on my pc. My config is like this:

• one boot
  • one root for each arch (32 and 64)
  • two swap
  • one home but two users (amnon and amnon64)

With the boot partition the same grub gets used by both paldo systems.
    Thats why we add the arch to the kernel-name so no kernel gets overwritten by another paldo system. Using differnt branches I didn't test myself, but it should be ok.
    Two swap enables hibernating. The separate home I use for storing my data.
    The root partitions is usefull to reinstall the system after a crash or deletion of some files.
  • Profile   Private Message   E-Mail
    Created: 2009-01-20 14:33 | Modified: 2009-01-20 14:35 by Amnon82
    Junior Mitglied

1. You were right about the installation disk. The upkg-error occurred in the live session as well. I downloaded testing once more, over a cable, not the wlan, and burned the iso on another CD label. This time, the error didn't occur any more. Didn't think about this possibility, though it is quite obvious.

2. Now, before reformatting my hard disk, a question on the 2 swap spaces. Do you mount both of them in /etc/fstab? btw. paldo mounts partitions by uuid. So I think when I insert a manual entry in fstab, I should use the uuid as well?

As this are only marginal questions and a bit offtopic, I mark the thread as "solved".

erch
    Created: 2009-01-22 16:53

Linux-Dude

Every linux installation has it's own fstab. You only share the boot folder in both installtions, when you do it my way.

It dosn't matter how you add it to fstab /dev/sdbX or by uuid is both fine.

For the live-cd. Sometimes a bad image gets created by our build server.
    When we add a new package to paldo and this package is a dep of the live-cd a new image gets created. Downloading from wlan or cable wasn't the error, simple it was a bad burn or bad image.
    Created: 2009-01-22 17:26
    Subscribe Topic Subscribe Topic